Jul 5, 2012

KAWM part one

Queenslander
Dispatches from Kurt's Annual Winter Migration, Queensland. It's sunny, and about 21 degrees every day. Mornings are brisk, 15ish. I've found the morning coldness to just touch the skin. Riding around makes your skin burn cold, but it doesn't freeze your bones and your soul like down south.



I will admit straight away that it rained for four days. It couldn't have been more poorly timed as I was trying to show off Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast to Helen. But that's just the way it is.

Sorry to all those people waiting for me to write something, I've been held captive by Helen this whole time. I won't lie, she didn't hold me captive at all. Between you and me, reader, she is very time consuming, but pretty at least.

Also she went back to the depressing blue New Sucks, I mean South, Wales a week ago. I can hardly blame her for anything, except my continual spillage of emotions and feelings. I'm a guy dammit, I don't have emotions or feelings.

Moving right along.





Not fat, just bulking


Leading up to KAWM I rode very little, the least amount possible in fact. I ate a shit load of food too. More than just more food too, I ate shit food. I don't really know what spurred it on, but assignments and exams and rain had me on the back burner. I also wanted a break from cycling in general. I find it hugely invigorating to just stop for a while and let the hunger build back up. At this time of year, mornings are dark and cold. Just to get outside you need three extra layers and a bunch of lights. You really have to fight these elements, but mentally you have to want to do that. Not that I'm giving up, I just want a break from having to do it every day.

Some mornings I need the motivation, some mornings I'm roaring to go. Some people are just programmed to not even think twice about it, they just get up and do it. I don't have a monotamous schedule, classes and exams are on after 11 or 12 every other day of the week. Four days a week I'm not even at uni. There's just nothing for me to set my watch to. And for some reason, I'm programmed to be idle when I literally am idle. I like doing things and shit, but I also like sitting around and doing nothing too, and I fall back to this 9 times out of 10. Which is 4.5 times out of 5 if you were wondering. Or 2.25 times out of 2.5 times. Or even 1.125 times out of 1.25 times. You get it, right?


More blogs to follow. Relax, dear reader, my creative juices have been unblocked and I'm on a writing war path.

The blockage was below the gland but above the bit right at the bottom.

1 comment:

  1. No one cares about ur stoopid girlfriend

    ReplyDelete