Jun 24, 2011

Heaps warm in Queensland, aye.

It's so damn hot, milk was a bad choice.
Suck on it bitches. It's so WARM up here. Fair dinkum! So warm. I started my ride at 8am, at an all time double digit figure of 10 degrees. I went out with full finger gloves and arm warmers, that was it. No knicks or jersey.

At about 10ish I shed my arm warmers and gloves because, honestly, it was a bit too warm. I got my comeuppance however, the last 80 odd kilometres were into a fierce head wind. Damn you! Damn you to hell! And back, then back to hell, again! You devil dog.

Did I mention how warm it is? Oh man, so warm. It's like 24 degrees right now. Mmmm...

In other news, I've developed some kind of front derailleur issue. I had some rubbing on the cage in certain gears. So I thought that I'd make a pit stop into Mike's Bikes Miami. I went in and there were three dudes in the workshop, one working, one eating and one sitting on a box. I asked if someone could look at the derailleur and I got a condescending lecture about how he has a couple of boxed bikes still to build and if I'm happy to leave it, he could maybe do it. This is the same thing we do when there are other jobs already in motion, except we, or at least I, tell the customer in a nice way.

At that moment I was going to leave, but the guy doing nothing offered to have a look. The first thing he said was, this works like shit.

I made some conversation with the guy who seemed to run the place, asking about bunch rides. He told me there is a ride on Sunday that you pay $8 to do. What? Yeah. Old mate gives me the bike and says that he can't do much more and I offered to pay but he said it was cool. So I said bye to him and then bye to the other two who ignored me. End result: Shit service, shit store. If anyone needs any work done on the Gold Coast, check out Palm Beach Cycles. Heaps better.

The last 20km of my ride were so horrible, head wind, cramps, couldn't keep much speed up. Horrible! But that's what happens when you don't ride and scoop Nutella from the jar with Scotch Fingers...

Ride details:               Morayfield to Tweed Heads - 160km

No comments:

Post a Comment