Jun 21, 2011

Winter Holiday

It's that time of year again. It's stupidly cold and the sun doesn't grace us with it's presence until sometime after 7am. What a dick. And even when it decides it's time to throw some light our way, it doesn't heat up until after 8. Seriously, what a dick.



As uni so graciously awards my apathy during semester with a six week holiday. Luckily for me it's during a lull in the retail sector and a cold period called winter. So why not go somewhere warm? Why indeed... Last year I took a couple of weeks off in Darwin which was nice, but it's not so much fun for cycling. And you all know that cycling is all the rage right now, with aero race wheels, gps computers, power meters and websites that allow us to compare our dick sizes.



As nice as it is to live in Australia's most overpopulated, wanker filled, ball sack punching city, Sydney, IT'S FUCKING RETARDEDLY COLD IN WINTER. So it's time to head north like whales do in Autumn. They get to do it in Autumn because they don't have assignments and exams to do.

So anyway I'm heading to Brisbane/Gold Coast for five whole weeks! Warm sunny sunniness. I've mapped out some rides and found some nice climbs too. Just to give you an idea of what's up there:

*Springbrook*       *Mt Tamborine*       *Mount Glorious*       *Mt Mee*

This year I was able to do some really good base riding in January, knocking out 2,600km and getting down to about 78kg. Since then I've only been able to do a little bit more than 1,000km per month. June even looks like being the low point; I might not hit 1,000km! On top of that I'm sitting at about 82kg. Hopefully I can ride for the next five weeks, get fit and come back to Freezetown to race the Kurrajong Classic.

My goals for this five week vacation are:

1. Ride every day.
2. Lose 4kg.
3. Pilot a shark.
4. Read some books.

No comments:

Post a Comment