Jun 19, 2011

My Bike

So some of you know me, and some of you don't. There's a third group of people who don't know what's going on at all and just want to get in on the mushroom stash. To this group I say, derp.



We're all cyclists, mostly, some of us are SUPER commuters. Which is like cycling, but, different...

Anyway, what's the reason we're all in love with gadgets and data and Italian marketing departments? We all take pride in what we have on our bikes and the work and effort we put in to get just a little bit more out of our machinery. Psychologically it's probably due to the perception that spending money for what is (also perceived as) an permanent advantage, rather than just riding more. Fitness and strength will come and go pending how much you ride.

There is also a massive correlation between people with large amounts of money and owning race-proven, ultra-light, ride-an-hour-faster-over-a-10-minute-climb equipment. I have the money therefore I am... the customer that this market is aimed at? Yes. Ch-ching!

While I don't have all the money in the world, I have nice things. This is mainly due to the fact that I work in a bike shop. But, I still don't have everything I want. I'm still waiting for a replacement white saddle (saddle and bar tape MUST match!).

My bike:

Cervelo R3

Dura Ace 7900
Rotor Q Rings & Cranks 

Dura Ace carbon pedals (NON Q ring pictured)
3T Ergonova Bars

3T Stem 130mm -6/Garmin Edge 500
3T Dorico Team

Selle Italia Carbonio Flow
Bontrager RXL


Turramurra Cyclery
6.9kg
Not documented:
      Fulcrum Racing Zero's - Continental GP 4000 S.
      Cassette is 12-23.

4 comments:

  1. clean your chain you hubbard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that sticker is excess grams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you should drill it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seats a bit homo... dont u know the rules...?

    ReplyDelete