Aug 5, 2011

Fiddletown, first week of uni, and DANCE RAGE!

Back to uni, back to work, back to black. Back to back. Front to back. Side to back. And finally, top to back. What does this even mean? Maybe the answer lies within? It doesn't though, I already wrote the blog, this is meant to be a summary of it, but it's not. I hope this clears things up for you.


This week has been interesting. First week back at uni and all I learnt was which rooms to go to at what time, not too bad, but where is my room? So far everything seems okay. I'm only worried about one subject, so that's an improvement over last semester, when I didn't give a fuck. I don't know what happened last semester, I really dropped the ball on caring about uni. Hopefully that little phase is behind me!
Welcome to Club Mac! Showing up is half the battle,
and equals 75% of the grade

I did a semi recovery ride on Monday - a beaches loop coming up Wakehurst Parkway. I was late for work so it stopped being a recovery ride. Took Tuesday off. Wednesday I did a recon ride of Fiddletown, a little off shoot from Arcadia Rd near the long false flat. The start has a small up hill section that is windy, but then it's just a mostly flat road that turns into gravel near the end. Not worth the detour from Arcadia Rd. Did Galston Berowra alone on Thursday as the hubbards did bum sex intervals at Duffy's Forest. And finally Friday Fatbuster - a little faster than usual, no body knows why, that's the mystery of the dance.

I hope this helps with your inability to understand Schrodinger's cat experiment.
I know you were expecting a picture of bum sex intervals, but I'm currently involved in a court case that has me gagged. Ahem...

My current playlist:

Karnivool - Themata and Sound Awake
Tron Legacy Soundtrack
Harmonic 313 - When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence

I'm really digging Karnivool at the moment. They only have two albums and I can't stop listening to them. I saw them play the Roundhouse back in June, beyond awesome.

Everyone is racing Kurrajong on the weekend - GOOD LUCK, I know you will need it...


Somehow I busted a chain link on my AWESOME commuter bike. I was riding along and the chain started skipping. Then it started to randomly drop gears. I observed it for a while and it seemed as though the chain was moving sideways. But the chain rings weren't bent. And the derailleur was straight. Hmmm... On my return journey it was getting worse. So I got off and had a closer look. Turns out one of the pins was half popped out. How interesting! So I tried to nurse the bike home but finally broke the chain 200m from my house. Almost in the same place I broke the chain on my old commuter bike about a year ago. Coincidence?

Bye chain :'(
Coming up is a trip out to Laughtonvale (real name). Never heard of it? It's in the Sydney basin you sheltered swine! - unless of course you don't live in Sydney, then you're not swine. Basically, instead of turning left at Maroota, you keep going and you fall off the edge of the earth. I think it's a 3-4km climb at 5% or so. Sounds all right!

Random tidbit? Random tidbit. So I was rocking out on the dance floor of my local discotheque. There were two girls dancing and having a fun time when another girl and her boyfriend happen upon the scene. She dances through the two girls, not in a fun way, in a sarcastic way. Well, golly, she's impersonating them, satirically. That's a bit mean really. She laughs at them and so does her boyfriend. So I get up in their personal space with my sweaty booty because you know, I'm the dance floor fun time police. They get upset and try to make fun of me, me? I think they were trying to say I had hair that was *this* long, or that my awesome was showing, or that I had a small penis, not sure what they were getting at. Do they know who I am? After a few minutes they left because you know, they didn't know how much of a fuck I gave.


Hi, my name's Kurt, and I suffered from dance rage. Dance rage? DANCE RAGE?? - Like road rage where you think that using your vehicle as a weapon is an acceptable form of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment