Jul 31, 2011

A few days of Sydney

The view from my window
With all the fun over, sigh, it's time to go back to reality. Work, uni, cold and most disappointingly, the black pool in my back yard...


I came back to Sydney on Wednesday and although I was scared it was going to be cold, it wasn't really that bad. I did arrive at about 2pm, so maybe I was over compensating. I was actually really happy to be home and back to my old room familiarity. I had a few presents waiting for me when I arrived too - a ton of books I had bought and a garbage bag full of empty toilet rolls. For about a year I've been building a wall in the toilet with them, and apparently my house mates don't appreciate art the way I do - it's evolving and timeless, key characteristics of modern art. I really missed my bed too, there is no comfier bed in the universe, I swear.

Just like this
History Lesson: I broke up with a girlfriend that I lived with and had to move out of her place, and of course, had no bed. So I slept on the floor. I laid down a rug, a blanket, then my sleeping bag (in winter) and another blanket. I called it my "Not Bed". I slept like this for over six months - first in an apartment in Marsfield, and then the house I live in now. I never bought a bed because I just got used to sleeping on the floor, and ultimately, it was comfortable. Eventually I bought the perfect bed - which I got on the cheap because I worked at Harvey Norman. While this is funny in its own right, to top it off, I was with two girls (not at the same time) in my Not Bed - it was a hit, because I've had a few long dry spells ever since! AND THEN, one of the girls had carpet burn on her knees and back, because you know, hickeys are GAY. End of lesson.

I was welcomed back to Sydney with a three Gorges ride the following morning, to which a few of us added Akuna Bay afterwards. And it really wasn't as cold as I remembered. Before I left, it was booties and double gloves and heat packs on my balls. Now it's just heat pack on my balls.

I've been single for six months,
cut me some slack!
My legs feel really sore. Like the first time you go for a run after a six month hiatus from running. Why? Why legs?! Maybe from going back to work - standing up all day on a hard floor, or maybe the cold.

Friday Fatbuster was fantastic as usual. Saturday I did a recovery ride to work via Beecroft road. A nice 40 minute loop.

Sunday was Calga, and I was pummelled into submission by a bunch that clearly has been riding on the front more often in my absence. Well done chaps!

Back to the grind of 6am rides, time constraints and traffic. Booooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment