Aug 29, 2011

Warmer, warrmmmeeeerrrrr. Hot!

Oh shit oh shit oh shit...
So you're wondering what happened afterwards? Well, let me fill you in. Nothing. And I'm scared. I sneak around hopping nothing out of the ordinary will happen. Hoping that nothing bad happens to me. Like a spy, behind enemy lines, hiding, sneaking. Is it over? Is it really, over?

Not sure whether it's over yet or not. But I do know the first few bars of Californication on my bass. Much harder to play than you would think. I say that because while I can strum the first few moments of the song, I can't play it in time.

This doesn't mean Flea is the best bass player in the world. Not by a long shot. A lot of people attribute him as the best bass player. But he's really only the most well known GOD TIER bass player. Ryan Martinie of Mudvayne is just as good, and I'd demand satisfaction that he is better. Bass guitar players are the MASTER RACE. You mad?

Riding:

Spoiler alert! My new MTB
Still nothing. Went out on Saturday morning with Tom and saw a guy on an Cervelo S5. To be honest it looks heaps better in person than in pictures. I still love my R3 to death though, so I'm not swapping.

If I ever get to sell my Scott dually, I know which mountain bike I'm getting! Excited to the max!

Sunday's ride was out to Maraylya. I haven't done this ride since January! To busy being awesome I guess? It was a pretty epic ride though. The bunch was split up at the shop because the "Race Team" was headed out to Akuna Bay for an uphill TT. I heard there were some great results, so well done team!

The rest of us plebs went out through Galston which was not eventful. Just past Round Corner however, Nathan rolled off the front like a Toyota Prius leaving a set of lights. Tom's response was "That's a bit optimistic."

He got some TV time, even though there were no TV's. Anywhere. The bunch didn't respond at all, in fact, I'd describe the way it responded as like a dog that had just been shown a magic trick.

Not only was it questionable the first time it happened, it then happened again. The bunch collectively made the same face. The only positive I could find from this is, at least everyone, Nathan and the bunch, were consistent. Which, isn't really important, unless you're consistently under performing, which is important, for your superior, who may fire you, unless you are on the board of selectors at Cricket Australia, then no matter what you do, you can't be fired, have you seen how many commas I used in this sentence? A lot.

See, this has happened before, and I just wanted to be consistent, so I did the coma thing again. However, I am now of the opinion that this is a lame joke and I won't be using it again.

So after the second attempt at going up the road to pee, presumedly, I turned to Tom and said, "Do you have a three?" To which he replied "Go fish."

Tom, your white cables are in the way
Nah, what really happened was a little discussion about attacking and our chances given the bunch was a bit lame today. We collectively decided that everyone could just suffer. But mostly we would just suffer. We framed our terms of reference (this is academic speak for, why) which were that I would attack and he would bridge and we could ride off and meet everyone back at coffee. Which he took as, I'll speed up the outside, he'll just follow my wheel, the bunch will latch on the back and we'll all have coffee together.

Because I spent last Sunday sitting on until Halcrows rd, where I put my fresh legs at the front to put the struggler's to the sword, this Sunday I wanted to earn my pudding. The same way I earn grades at uni, by just being there.

Matt bridged to Tom and I, bringing the whole bunch with him. We are the Cervelo Pose, and if you line us up in the right order, we make a traffic light - see above.

But for whatever reason only the three of us pulled turns. Nathan made a couple of appearances after Matt faded, but no one else made any attempts at helping. Lame! But it's ok, I understand that not everyone is blessed with God Tier genetics like the Cervelo Pose!

We've had a call for a Most Aggressive Jersey in the Sunday A bunch. I'm for it! Let Mark know if you think it's a good idea so we can organise my old ex-girlfriend to stitch us a new sash...

Zeus asked for his quads back, I
said no.
Not Riding:

It's been a hard week for my family, especially my sister - Jade. Not a week after her baby girl - Sierra - was born, she contracted meningitis and was rushed to hospital. A few days later she was emergency flown to Melbourne as the hospital in Darwin had made a mistake and broken a stent (or something) off inside her heart.

Mum is looking after Harley in Darwin, and dad is trying to get down to Melbourne to be with them. Unfortunately I don't have the means to see them, but I'm sending good energy to everyone, especially my sister and brother-in-law - Simon.


No comments:

Post a Comment