Jul 5, 2011

Babies

So I'm up here with my sister and her 1.5 year old baby. He can stumble around and mumble and say a lot of things that begin and end with ga. He likes to close things, doors and cupboards. If you leave one open he will be the door controller until you close it for him. He really can't do much without help from someone.


It's fun to watch him eat because he can control, for himself, when he eats and when he drinks - if you put both in front of him, but that's about it. I don't understand how, knowing that his body must force him to feel hunger and that he must put food in his mouth to swallow. Yet whenever he does, put food in his mouth that is, most of it falls out! So on an efficiency scale, his food in to food absorbed ratio is pretty low, it's probably like 5:1. Even after he's finished eating, he vomits quite a lot. Nobody knows why he does that. I guess maybe he doesn't understand the correlation between hunger and food, or the need to digest food, yet.

My honest opinion: Babies are retarded.
My politically acceptable opinion: Babies are cute.

Harley in "Double Spoon Mayhem"




And if anyone wants to know, I've only watched from the other side of the room a changing of a nappy.

1 comment:

  1. Ga to uncle kurt, I want you to change my nappy so you can appreaciate the true stench that is baby poo that sticks like tar, from little harley ga

    ReplyDelete