Jul 10, 2011

Bunch time? I like brunch!

Two weeks of riding alone has me wishing that my invisible friends would shut up so I could at least get a word in. It's time for some bunch time. About time too, as I had forgotten what free wheeling felt like.


Day 14:

Profile

Went for the KOM at Mt Mee again. There was a crazy cross/head wind that punished me like the naughty boy I am. Was faster through the first 5km by 10 seconds, but lost 40 seconds in the last kilometre. Boo! The second climb was the first time I haven't been stopped by one of those arsehole traffic lights. Too bad I was just cruising up. It was fairly cold over the top as the wind was howling. Hit the downhill run trying to average over 40km/hr.

Why'd you ride aye?
Sometimes I stop at the D'Aguilar Drive Through Bottle-O for a Solo, and the last few times this girl has started chatting to me. She's one of those girls you want to save from the country bumpkin life, until she speaks.  



Day 15:

Profile

Was a little bit cold this morning. Left at 630am to meet the Zupps bunch - equivalent of Colluzi - halfway between where it starts and where I start. It actually got down to 2 degrees according to my garmin. But let's keep that a secret, because it didn't really feel like it, I didn't have leg warmers on but could have done with some full finger gloves. My Capo full fingers are superior to the BBB full fingers that I rejected like a boss. As a side note, JDS has subsequently rejected the BBB gloves half way through winter. Softer then an Assos chamois.
Sorry I re-used a picture, it's just soooo good!

Because I'm mildly retarded, I thought that due to the bunch not arriving where I was waiting, that I was on the wrong road. Turns out however that they were late because it was a little bit cold. Luckily I was able to cut across and meet them almost 30 minutes later near Redcliffe.

They were in the middle of a pace line that I pushed my way into like the prick that Sydney has made me. As I got towards the front a Jayco rider attacked over a rise and only one other guy and I were able to bridge. We had about 50m on the bunch and as I was coming around for my second turn, the guy on my inside suddenly made a left turn. I was able to pull up and go around the road island and get back into the bunch.

Towards the end of the fast section, I counter attacked the Jayco guy but couldn't get a gap from some guy with fresh road rash, a power meter and a NUMBER PLATE HOLDER! PRO TIME! A traffic light halted my turn, and made the sprint more homosexual than The Columbian on JDS Appreciation Night (1st and 2nd Saturday of the month).







Finally, what's the deal with Thomas Voeckler's bib height? Seriously, roll those things down. Just helping a brother out.

No comments:

Post a Comment