Jul 21, 2011

A break, a whale, and a 70% pure fat cake.

It rained on Saturday and most of Sunday so I didn't get a ride in. Mainly because I smashed both the Tomewin and her bigger, fatter sister Springbrook - I don't need a wingman - so I felt complete.

Today is my birthday so easy up chaps, and chapettes, but mainly the chaps. I've been relaxing and eating and playing games with my family.

This week is a BUCKET load warmer than the week before. That week was weak. Pretty awesome weather even though I'm not riding.

You may remember the goals I set out when I left for holidays. If not oh well, win? If so, I'm happy to report that I've failed goals 1 and 2. I wasn't able to ride every day due to sore bits and rain. Not sure about goal 2 at all. I haven't weighed myself since I left Sydney. But not only have I been given WAY too much food, I've EATEN way too much food!

It's alright though, as a Uni student failure is something you actually need to work on to achieve, whereas a pass is achievable with a minimum of effort. I'd receive a pass for my efforts. PASS = WIN. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
The Worm?

While I didn't pilot a shark, I semi-piloted the whale above (this makes her friend Dolphin like, I guess). Whales are kind of like sharks... and by semi-pilot, I mean I grabbed something similar to a handle and clenched for dear life as my whale did something I could only describe as The Worm.

Several months later, I was found to have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, Parkinsons disease and Epilepsy. What deal? My stay in hospital allowed to complete goal 4 however.

So I read this book from a guy who suffers from Motor Neurone disease - it was about space, time, particles and other related mumbo jumbo. I assume he was a world class cyclist until he became paralysed and so went on the become a world renowned theoretical physicist. He wasn't done yet, however, as he then went on to write the most profound book ever. If you want to attribute the death of god to anyone, it would have to be: Charles Darwin, Fredrick Nietzsche, and Stephen Hawking. Separately no, they combine to create the FALCON PUNCH that killed him. Nietzsche showed man didn't need divine help to live. Darwin showed how life didn't need divine help to be created. Hawking showed the universe exists without divine help. GO TEAM!
I did this in MS Paint. You jelly?

Above is what a falcon punch looks like from (L - R) Nietzsche, Darwin, Hawking. The girl is god, in case you were unsure (if that girl is god, does that prove he exists??????).

But seriously, if you get a chance, read A Brief History of Time. It will definitely make you a better climber...

Yesterday we made a birthday cake from some recipe my mum had from when she was a kid, and it requires something called Copha. Copha is pure fat. 100g of Copha is 98g of fat, and 2g of saturated fat. I didn't want to eat a 70% pure fat birthday cake, so I tried to find a substitute. THERE ISN'T ONE. Yep. One slice feels like eating an entire pizza. Tastes good though. Sorry no pic.

Anyway, off for some Indian food - cause it's my birthday, that's why.

Might go for a ride tomorrow so I don't turn into the male version of that whale at the top from my cake and various chocolate gifts!

Enjoy the rain in Sydney. AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Enjoy Friday Fatbuster!

No comments:

Post a Comment